When You Give More Than Money, You’re More Like Christ

Rick Thomas | 12/15/2019 | Rick Thomas
amyc9948amyc9948 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://rickthomas.net/wp-content/uploads/2025/03/RMlogo-When-You-Give-More-Than-Money-Youre-More-Like-Christ.jpg

When most folks think about giving, they automatically default to money. Sadly, if money is the only thing they think about, they are missing out on the most incredible life that they could have. God is calling all believers to a level of generosity that touches every sphere of their lives. And when you get to this place, you’re about as Christlike as you can become.

Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.

You may want to read:

Biff and Bert went to their local church meeting on Sunday and heard a message on giving. It was a well-exegeted, well-crafted, and well-delivered sermon. Biff decided to write a check for $100 to give to the church. Bert chose not to write a check to give to the church. For the sake of what I want to share with you in this article, both men in this fictional story responded wrongly to the sermon.

Something - Eye - Jesus - Way - People

There was something amiss, though it was not discernible to the human eye. Jesus said it this way, “This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me” (Matthew 15:8). Jesus nailed it. He got right to the root of the problem, or better said, He got right to the heart of the problem. Because God owns everything, our giving cannot be primarily about the gifts we give.

The earth is the LORD’s and the fullness thereof, the world, and those who dwell therein (Psalm 24:1).

Person - Everything - Everything - Belongs - Lord

What do you give a person who owns everything? More explicitly, if everything belongs to the Lord, what do you give Him? What truly matters to God? He can’t be primarily interested in our stuff since our stuff is not ours.

The answers to my questions are self-evident: the thing...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Rick Thomas
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: