Democrats Explode After McConnell Vows “Total Coordination” With White House on Impeachment Strategy

Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion | 12/15/2019 | Stacey Matthews
erinmmarionerinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/MitchMcConnell.jpg

Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) did an interview on Sean Hannity’s show Thursday night and did not mince words.

He told the Fox News host that when it came to the Senate impeachment trial, there would be “total coordination” between Senate Republican leaders, the White House counsel’s office, and President Trump’s attorneys:

McConnell - Articles - Impeachment - Legislation - Way

[McConnell] explained that the articles of impeachment would be different from ordinary legislation that makes its way from the House, in that: “We have no choice but to take it up. But we’ll be working through this process hopefully in a fairly short period of time, in total coordination with the White House counsel’s office and the people who are representing the president, in the way all of the Senate.”

“I’m going to take my cues from the president’s lawyers,” said McConnell, who added that a trial would likely take place early next year if the House voted to impeach Trump before its members went home for the holidays.

Segment - Interview

Watch this segment of the interview below:

McConnell was basically saying what everyone already knows, that he’ll be working closely with the White House’s team of lawyers so everyone is on the same page when it comes to impeachment strategy.

Deal - Wrong

No big deal, right? Wrong.

Democrats – and the mainstream media, naturally – absolutely erupted over the news, treating McConnell’s remarks as though he was violating the Constitution:

Hand - Hand - White - House - President

“He’s working hand in hand with the White House, with the President’s attorney, and yet we’re supposed to expect him to manage a fair and impartial trial?” said Florida Democratic Rep. Val Demings when asked about McConnell’s remarks. “I think he should recuse himself.”

Democratic Rep. Pramila Jayapal of Washington called the coordination “ridiculous.”

Juror - Trial - Defendant - Jayapal - Reporters

“I think it is outrageous for the chief juror who is organizing the trial to be coordinating with the defendant,” Jayapal told reporters.

Per Axios, other House...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Le·gal In·sur·rec·tion
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift