Orlando Jones says he’s been fired from American Gods

Flickering Myth | 12/15/2019 | Gary Collinson
Click For Photo: https://cdn.flickeringmyth.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/orlando-jones-american-gods.jpg

Comedian and actor Orlando Jones has taken to Twitter to state that he won’t be appearing in the upcoming third season of Starz’s American Gods, claiming that he was fired by new showrunner Charles Eglee who alledgedly decided that Jones’ character Mr. Nancy sends “the wrong message for black America”.

“There will be no more Mr. Nancy,” reveals Jones in a video posted to social media. “Don’t let these motherfuckers tell you they love Mr. Nancy. They don’t. I’m not going to name names but the new season 3 showrunner [Eglee] is Connecticut born and Yale-educated, so he’s very smart and he thinks that Mr. Nancy’s angry, get **** done is the wrong message for black America. That’s right. This white man sits in that decision-making chair and I’m sure he has many black bffs who are his advisors and made it clear to him that if he did not get rid of that angry god Mr. Nancy he’d start a Denmark Vesey uprising in this country. I mean, what else could it be?”

Response - Jones - Video - Spokesperson

In response to Jones’ video, a spokesperson...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Flickering Myth
Wake Up To Breaking News!
This space intentionally left blank
Tagged: