An Open Letter to Bishop Conely

www.linkedin.com | 12/14/2019 | Staff
malik778malik778 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.licdn.com/dms/image/C4E12AQETKrlvMgFifg/article-cover_image-shrink_600_2000/0?e=1581552000&v=beta&t=dU8IWygLVNVe9HKi_feHZ9tLxdC4KHOVpgJY7CNo8t4&imgtype=.jpg

I just want to say thank you to you for the enormous gift you gave the Church yesterday. Thank you for publicly announcing your leave for mental health reasons. Thank you for your courage and grace. You have given a gift to Bishops, Priests, Religious and laypeople. Your own act of humbly expressing your need for healing and help, you’re naming of depression and anxiety as personal suffering is a gift to the Church.

Yesterday you tore down a lie. Yesterday, by God’s grace you tore down a wall. Yesterday you gave permission as a shepherd for the leaders of the Church to be broken and in need of healing. I thank you on behalf of priests who have been suffering in shame, their own depression. I thank you on behalf of Religious who have hidden with great care their own anxiety. I thank you on behalf of mothers and fathers who have felt to need help is weakness and a lack of Faith.

Act - Mark - Beginning - Church - Yesterday

This act is to me, a mark of a new beginning in the Church. Yesterday was the anniversary of my walking through the Door of Mercy four years ago and your letter was a sign from God that His Mercy is real. So much of the scandal of the Church...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.linkedin.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: