Living with Kingdom Priorities

Brandon Cox | 12/14/2019 | Staff
tiana_101tiana_101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://brandonacox.com/wp-content/uploads/Crown-of-Thorns-1080x608.png

When someone says, “I’m concerned…,” we usually perk up and listen. It signifies that whatever is spoken next is deeply personal and pertinent in the moment.

You can tell a lot about a person by what they are concerned with at any given moment in life. When we are concerned about something, it means we’re giving it a lot of mental focus. It occupies first position and priority in our thoughts.

Jesus - Subject - Worry - Concern - Details

Jesus said, on the subject of worry, not to concern ourselves with the details of the physical, temporal world. It isn’t that those things aren’t important. It’s that God has something else he’d rather be first in priority in our thoughts.

Jesus put it this way:

Kingdom - God - Righteousness - Things

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

To seek is to desire something, to search for it, to ask for it. We’re to seek the kingdom first – to desire it, before any other competing priority.

God - Moment - God - Thing - Pathway

We often want to know more of God’s will than we need to know at a given moment. What does God want me to do? How is this going to play out? What’s the next thing that will happen as I walk this pathway?

But Jesus challenges us to think differently. Rather than desiring to know how everything is going to work out along the way, we’re to put at the very front of our minds the kingship of Jesus and allow everything else to flow...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Brandon Cox
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Vote for gridlock, it's our only hope!