Florence Pugh Says ‘Black Widow’ Isn’t Meant To Pass The Torch To Her New MCU Character

The Playlist | 12/14/2019 | Charles Barfield
normanorma (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://theplaylist.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Florence-Pugh-Black-Widow.jpg

After watching “Avengers: Endgame,” it’s clear that the story of Scarlett Johansson’s Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow, is coming to an end after the upcoming solo film of the same name. Serving as a prequel, “Black Widow” actually looks to fill in some of the gaps in the history of one of the founding Avengers, and in the process, introduce a number of new characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, including Yelena, played by Florence Pugh.

But according to Pugh, all those rumors that she’s taking over as the new Black Widow in the MCU is not true. In fact, “Black Widow” isn’t meant to serve as a passing of the torch to a new Widow at all.

UPROXX - Pugh - Women - Way - Film

Speaking to UPROXX, Pugh, who is promoting “Little Women,” talked about the way the film is really about something completely different and definitely not a way for Marvel to introduce a new Black Widow.

“No, I actually will say when we were making it, it wasn’t anything like that at all,” said Pugh. “And I am saying it very honestly, it certainly didn’t feel like a passing of the torch kind of film when we were making it. And I think the direction and the feeling and the vibe behind it was genuinely just trying to make this complicated and painful story. And do it justice because a lot of fans have been waiting for her film.”

Lot - People - Story - Cate - Shoreland

She continued, “And also a lot of people I think will appreciate this story. Cate’s [Shoreland, director] done an amazing job on showing these two girls and, I suppose, facing their history...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Playlist
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Homeschool or State Thought Police School, you choose.