Elsa, Abram, and Heading Into the Unknown

Think Christian | 12/12/2019 | Staff
liizuliizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://thinkchristian-webassets.imgix.net/articleImages/2019/Frozen-II-craft.png?crop=focalpoint&fit=crop&fp-x=0.5&fp-y=0.5&h=500&ixlib=php-1.1.0&q=80&w=800&s=799c615147dc8a7eb6ae37dcfc964d7e

The beginning of Frozen II finds Elsa and Anna living happy lives in the northern kingdom of Arendelle. Elsa has made peace with her magical powers, and she and her sister enjoy the close relationship they always wanted. But something nags at Elsa: a feeling that she’s still not quite where she belongs. Then a strange voice calls her beyond the borders of Arendelle.

At first, Elsa doesn’t want to follow the voice. She argues with the call, singing, “I’ve had my adventure / I don’t need something new / I’m afraid of what I’m risking if I follow you / Into the unknown.” But the longer Elsa hears the call, the more it awakens her desire to venture beyond the familiar and find her true place in the world.

Old - Testament - Abram - Father - Terah

In the Old Testament, Abram wasn’t quite where he belonged, either. His father, Terah, had moved Abram and other members of their family from Ur, intending to relocate in the land of Canaan. But Terah halted their journey in Harran. Then Abram heard God’s call to “‘Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.’” Abram led his family “and they set out for the land of Canaan, and they arrived there.” Harran wasn’t a bad place for Abram to be, but it was only part of the journey. God intended for Abram to find Canaan, the land where he truly belonged.

Ruling Arendelle isn’t a bad situation for Elsa, but her journey is not complete. Deciding to follow the strange voice, Elsa, Anna, and their friends travel to the mysterious Enchanted...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Think Christian
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: