Religion news, the First Amendment and BBQ: GetReligion will soon have a new home base

GetReligion | 2/1/2004 | Terry Mattingly
kimskims (Posted by) Level 3

All together now, everybody sing: “Turn, Turn, Turn.”

GetReligion.org has been around since Feb. 1, 2004, and in internet years that is a long, long time. Some of us — certainly me — have gained more than a few gray hairs in the process.

Years - Work - GetReligion - Clock - Midnight

For several years now, I have known that I would retire from full-time work here at GetReligion when the clock struck midnight and we reached Jan. 1, 2020. The question — logically enough — was whether this weblog would shut down or evolve back into something that I could do part-time, which was how things started out long ago.

The good news is that, well, we ain’t dead yet. The bad news is that we will have to do some major downsizing, which means we’ll have to make changes in the amount of content that we offer here. After nearly a decade, Bobby Ross Jr. has already put out the word that he is leaving GetReligion and will now be writing a weekly religion-news roundup for Religion Unplugged that will also run elsewhere (including here, we hope).

Readers - Sign - Times - Work - Future

Readers will not be surprised to know that — a sign of the times in which we live — the work we will be doing here in the future will require some fundraising. Visitors to the website will see more information about that sooner, rather than later.

But the big news today is that GetReligion will soon have a new...
(Excerpt) Read more at: GetReligion
Wake Up To Breaking News!