A La Carte (December 11)

Tim Challies | 12/11/2019 | Staff
hakimi308hakimi308 (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://www.challies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ALaCarte-NewspaperScript_2b-WED-940x492-1.jpg

Thanks to all who sent along condolences yesterday. Though I read each and everyone, there were far too many for me to reply to each one. But do know how blessed and encouraged we are by the outpouring of love.

Today’s Kindle deals include a bit of this and that.

Peril - Sides - Jared - Wilson - Dictum

As usual, there is peril on both sides. Jared Wilson says, “I agree with the dictum that the best sermons can’t be too long and the worst sermons can’t be too short. But all things being equal, I do think there’s such a thing as a sermon that’s too long and a sermon that’s too short. Here I answer five reasons for each error…”

Parents, be warned and be aware: “Sexual predators have found an easy access point into the lives of young people: They are meeting them online through multiplayer video games and chat apps, making virtual connections right in their victims’ homes.”

Tears - Voice - Words - God - Moments

“Through tears and a shaky voice, I offered the words God gave me as best I could. Moments later, I watched parents bury their earthly dreams for their boy. The dirt piled on. They said their goodbyes. But how does a parent bid goodbye to their three-year-old son? How do they go on, parenting their other two boys when the one...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Tim Challies
Wake Up To Breaking News!
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.
Tagged: