Golden Globes 2020: Taylor Swift reacts to her Best Original Song nomination for Beautiful Ghosts

Mail Online | 11/15/2019 | Sarah Sotoodeh For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/09/20/22022214-0-image-a-106_1575921913955.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/backup/2019/11/05/2884537507516562241/1024x576_MP4_2884537507516562241.mp4

The tune was written by Taylor Swift and Andrew Lloyd Webber for the 2019 Cats adaptation.

And after the song was nominated for Best Original Song for the 2020 Golden Globe Awards, Taylor took to her Instagram to express her excitement.

Artist - Series - Photos - Video - Media

The 29-year-old artist shared a series of photos and one video to her social media on Monday, writing: 'I woke up today to the news that Beautiful Ghosts is nominated for a Golden Globe - it's so cool that one of the most fun, fulfilling creative experiences I've ever had is being honored in this way by the HFPA.'

The Grammy award-winning singer and songwriter continued: 'I ended up spending many days on set watching the other performers do their scenes. Watching the character Victoria, played by @frankiegoestohayward [Francesca Hayward] inspired me so much and Beautiful Ghosts was the result.

'Congrats - Co-writer - Buddy - Life - Andrew

Adding: 'Congrats to my co-writer and buddy 4 life Andrew Lloyd Webber. This is just purrfect,' finishing it off with a cat emoji.

Beautiful Ghosts is up against I'm Gonna Love Me Again by Elton John, performed by Elton and Taron Egerton for Rocketman; Into The Unknown by Kristen Anderson-Lopez, performed by Idina Menzel and Aurora for Frozen II; Spirit by Timothy McKenzie and performed by Beyonce for The Lion King: The Gift; and Stand Up by Joshuah Brian for Harriet.

Taylor - Andrew - Snap - Piano - Shot

Taylor posed alongside Andrew in the first snap as he posed mid-playing the piano; another shot showed them in the studio.

A third snap said 'TS' and then an arrow pointed to it with 'Not Eliot,' explaining that it was TS not T.S. Eliot the poet and playwright.

Cats - Musical - Andrew - Turn - TS

Cats the musical was composed by Andrew, who in turn based it on T.S. Elliot's 1939 poetry collection called Old Possum's book of Practical Cats.

A last photo showed the musical notes.

Clip

She also shared a brief clip, where...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!