ASKING BASIC QUESTIONS: FEBRUARY IN ORLANDO

spectrummagazine.org | 12/9/2019 | Staff
joyyjoyy (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://spectrummagazine.org/sites/default/files/2020_af_conference_1920x1080.png

It was Dietrich Bonhoeffer who perhaps captured the question best. “Who Am I?” he famously asked in a short poem:

Who am I? This or the Other?

Am - Person - Today - Tomorrow

Am I one person today and tomorrow another?

And before myself a contemptible woebegone weakling? Or is something within me still like a beaten army Fleeing in disorder from victory already achieved?

Questions - Mine - Thou - O - God

Who am I? They mock me, these lonely questions of mine. Whoever I am, Thou knowest, O God, I am thine!

Discussing our identities, and how they change, and why it matters will be the topic for the Adventist Forum Conference in Orlando, Florida February 21–23, 2020.

Gerald - Winslow - Conference - Friday - Presentation

Gerald Winslow will open the Conference on Friday evening with a presentation on “Why Identity Matters.” A special liturgy is planned for the Sabbath morning worship service, at which Miguel Mendez will preach. Roundtable Discussions are always a highlight of Adventist Forum Conferences, and Sabbath afternoon will include a lively session examining institutional identity issues and the community, “official” discussions of gender and sexual orientation, identity and the law, and ethnic identity and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: spectrummagazine.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!