Acquisition vs. Retention

Christianity.com | 12/9/2019 | Staff
blackyblacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.swncdn.com/christianity/resource/areas/newchristianity/resources/images/defaultimages/article-large-landscape.png

In the business world, there is a clear understanding about the dynamic between acquisition vs. retention. Meaning the value of gaining new customers vs. keeping existing customers. Both, of course, are important.

… and getting a new customer to the “place” of a current customer takes time.

Customers - Building - Loyalty

But keeping current customers and building loyalty is just as valuable.

Think about someone who buys a car. Smart car dealers know that this is not the end of the game, but the beginning. After the sale, there are oil changes and new tires, repairs and tune-ups.

Buying - Future - Cars

Not to mention the buying, in the future, of new cars.

Keeping that customer is gold.

Churches - Crass - Consumerism - Christ - Life

Churches need to learn from this. I know, the crass consumerism in which this has been laid out is distasteful and not fully applicable to the Christ life, much less Christian community.

But play with it for a minute.

One - Blogs - Questions - Focus

I trust that no one who reads these blogs questions my maniacal focus on reaching the unchurched. But I hope I am also street-smart enough to know that keeping those we’ve reached is also important.

Very important.

Sense - Felt-needs - Mission - Sense - Order

Not in the sense of catering to felt-needs that detract from the mission, but in the sense of ensuring that they are receiving what they need in order to be on the front lines of the mission.

When you have reached someone, poured into them in terms of teaching and discipleship and mentoring, and they become servers and givers and inviters and leaders, they are your rock stars....
(Excerpt) Read more at: Christianity.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...