'It's laughable!' Nigel Farage brushes off nosedive in Brexit Party support ahead of election

Mail Online | 12/9/2019 | David Wilcock, Whitehall Correspondent For Mailonline
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/08/10/21966990-0-image-a-4_1575801384861.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/mol/2019/12/08/825058416659942654/1024x576_MP4_825058416659942654.mp4

Nigel Farage insisted that the Brexit Party could still get its first MPs in Thursday's election, brushing off a nosedive in the polls today as 'laughable'.

He claimed that candidates contesting Labour-held seats were in contention in 'a handful' of working class Leave-voting areas and insisted he has a long-term post-Brexit plan for the party to become the Reform Party pushing for electoral change in the UK.

MEPs - Annunziata - Rees-Mogg - Sister - Tory

It comes after four MEPs including Annunziata Rees-Mogg, the sister of Tory Cabinet minister Jacob, walked out over fears the party would split the Brexiteer vote.

She, John Longworth, the former British Chambers of Commerce chief, Lance Forman and Lucy Harris resigned and appealed for colleagues to follow their example.

Mr - Farage - Month - Party - Tory-held

Mr Farage announced last month that his party would not stand in Tory-held seats but go after Labour and the Liberal Democrats.

Some opinion poll this weekend have support for Mr Farage's party as low as 2 per cent.

Sky - Sophy - Ridge - Sunday - Today

But speaking on Sky's Sophy Ridge on Sunday today he said: 'I promise you, when you sit there and see the results coming through we will be on 13-14 per cent.

'There are a handful in which we really have a great chance of winning, but our vote could be split by the Conservatives. That's the battle for the next four days.'

'I - Referendum - Effect - South - South

He added: 'I wanted to stop a second referendum and I think the effect of us standing in the South and the South East would have been two dozen plus Liberal Democrat gains. We've stopped that.'

Mr Farage insisted his party would continue even after Brexit,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!