“Holy Sabbath Rest” Lesson #5 in the 10 Commandments for Kids

Ministry-To-Children | 12/7/2019 | Tara Tegard
Click For Photo: https://ministry-to-children.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/4th-commandment-coloring-page-keep-sabbath-holy.jpg

This is lesson #5 in our curriculum called “God’s Good Rules” that helps children study the Ten Commandments. In this Bible study, children will learn about the Sabbath and God’s gift of rest. Download the complete printable lesson plan below. See all the lessons and find bonus learning activities on the series page: God’s Good Rules – A Study for Children on the 10 Commandments.

Main idea: We take a special day each week to rest and worship God.

Memory - Verses - Psalm - Joyful - People

Bible Memory Verses: Psalm 119:1-2 “Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the Lord. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts.”

Scripture references:

Psalm

Psalm 127:2

Teacher Preparation & Devotion:

Time - Week - Scripture - Life - Day

Take time to meditate on this week’s Scripture and think about your own life. It can be so hard to take a day for holy rest. There is always something on my to do list that, in my mind, absolutely must be done. Even if I am able to let go of my ever-growing to do list, I don’t always spend my Sabbath day well.

Instead of taking extra time to read my Bible and devote myself to prayer and playing with my kids, I can be found catching up on my pleasure reading or scrolling through social media. These things are not inherently bad, but they are most certainly time robbers. May we not steal time from our Lord. To tell you the truth, I struggle with the quiet found on a Sabbath day. But it is in the quiet that we can hear the voice of our Lord, encouraging us, sanctifying us, and comforting us.

Exodus - Story - God - Israelites - Manna

Think back to the Exodus story, when God fed the Israelites manna in the desert. He told them to gather extra the day before the Sabbath, so they could truly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ministry-To-Children
Wake Up To Breaking News!
With God all things are possible, but not probable.