Gaffe: Joe Biden Claims He was Vice President in 1976

Breitbart | 2/14/2018 | Staff
nallynally (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/12/Joe-Biden-Gaffes-on-No-Malarkey-Tour-640x335.jpg

https://twitter.com/JamilSmith/status/1160322179193430017

Former Vice President Joe Biden inaccurately stated on Thursday that the Obama-Biden administration was in office in 1976.

Biden, who has shown an inability to recollect dates and places to the chagrin of even his staunches allies, made the claim while discussing immigration during a stop on his “No Malarkey” bus tour of Iowa.

Biden - Contrast - President - Donald - Trump

In particular, the 77-year-old Biden tried to create a contrast between President Donald Trump’s record on immigration and that of the Obama-Biden administration. To do so, the former vice president invoked the creation of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), which granted legal protections to nearly 800,000 illegal migrants brought to the U.S. as children, and other signature Obama-era policies.

“There’s the Dreamers program, there’s also a program that said we’re not going to separate families, we’re going to allow families to stay together while they go through the process, and the court said you can’t,” Biden said, before adding, “We did that in 1976.”

Vice - President - Afterwards

“And, I mean, I’m sorry, excuse me,” the former vice president said immediately afterwards, seeming to catch himself. “Backing up here, 2014.”

It is unclear how Biden seemed to make the mistake, particularly since he and President Barack Obama took office in 2009 and served until 2017. In comparison, the former vice president was serving his first term in the U.S. Senate in 1976, while his future running mate was a 15-year-old high school student in Hawaii.

Biden - Gaffe - Day - Event - Biden

Biden’s gaffe was also not the first of the day. At the same event, Biden told a group of Iowa school children they were living in the “state of Ohio.”

Such lapses have become...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!
He is faithful!