Bianca Jagger reveals why she joined the Mail's Tree Angels campaign

Mail Online | 12/6/2019 | Bianca Jagger;Assisi Jackson For The Daily Mail
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/06/22/21920638-0-image-a-30_1575669844109.jpg

Today three generations of our family will join a growing group of children, parents and teachers to undertake an incredibly important task.

It’s such a simple thing and one we can all do – plant a tree. And when we do this together – grandmother, granddaughter and five-year-old great-granddaughter Ezra – it brings us back to what really matters.

Task - Today - Children - Time - Climate

It’s a peaceful task and for today’s children, growing up at a time when climate change is the greatest threat we face, it’s empowering.

It helps to open a conversation with them about climate change in a way that they can understand and it teaches them that they can be part of the solution.

Tree - Ground - Roots - Soil - Act

To put a tree in the ground, to put its roots in the soil, cover it and watch it grow is a small but significant act. When they see the young trees shooting up from the ground where once there was degradation it brings a sense of achievement, a sense of hope.

Because as the tree grows it will absorb and store the carbon dioxide emissions that are driving global warming. And if we work together on a global scale to plant a trillion trees, we have a chance at avoiding mass extinction.

Tree - Something - Children - People - Today

Planting a tree is something we can do with children and young people today. It can be done in under ten minutes.

For £3 you can buy a British-grown sapling and put it in the ground. My mother Maria Dora Macias taught me to treasure and respect the rainforest – to value trees.

Memories - Holidays - Area - Region - Nicaragua

Some of my happiest memories are of the holidays I spent with her in a beautiful area in the northern mountainous region of Nicaragua.

Now I will join my granddaughter Assisi where she lives in Cornwall to plant 420 native trees given to her project by...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!