What are you building?

The Orant | 12/6/2019 | Staff
Cayley1561Cayley1561 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/394/2019/12/SalisburyCathedral-wyrdlight-EastExt-300x248.jpg

There’s an often-repeated story about the construction of the Salisbury Cathedral. The story goes like this: once a man was visiting southern England 800 years ago, just as the construction efforts for the cathedral were beginning to get underway.

The man approached a group of workers laying brick and asked a man, who seemed very sullen, what he was doing. The worker looked at the traveler like he was an idiot. “Can’t you see, I’m laying brick?” the man said. The traveler apologized for taking the worker’s time and moved a little further on.

Man - Spirits - Man - Traveler - Wall

He then approached a second man who seemed to be in somewhat better spirits. He asked this one what he was doing? The man looked up at the traveler and answered, “I’m building a wall.”

As he walked past a third bricklayer he was surprised to see this man was working with a palpable joy. Once again he asked the worker what he was doing. The third man responded, “I’m building the Salisbury Cathedral.”

Men - Thing - Perception - Role

The three men were all doing the same thing, but their perception of their role...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Orant
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Would you let a person who could only get a government job run your life? Well don't!
Tagged: