Evil Is Officially Heading for a Hot Priest Love Square

TVGuide.com | 12/5/2019 | Maggie Fremont
Click For Photo: https://tvguide1.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/12/05/9496352b-fe7c-4e46-8ca8-1cc59ef242c0/thumbnail/1300x867/8ed3d06b0bb62c8d49fda8be2129996a/evil-109-david-renee-news.jpg

It's getting hot in here, so take off all your turtlenecks. OK, that needs some workshopping, but the sentiment in regards to Evil's "Exorcism Part 2" rings true. First, let's talk turtlenecks: Kristen Bouchard (Katja Herbers) has been rocking a tight t-neck all season long, so that's no big deal, but then David Acosta (Mike Colter) shows up neck deep in a thick sweater t-neck, and it is, I cannot stress this enough, CAMEL. This is the biggest of deals. Is this because he's been hanging out with Kristen so long and has feelings? Is this like the psychological transference mentioned elsewhere in this episode? Wow, science is cool.

If that development isn't enough for you, the heat index in this episode is really turned up by the arrival of Renée Harris (Renée Elise Goldsberry), an archdiocesan lawyer who is described as more of a "fixer" than a litigator (the new boss in town and Flannery O'Connor stan Bishop Marx [Peter Scolari] is fond of her because "she keeps our abuse victim lawsuits reasonable," a line that gives me the creeps more than any goblin baby could). She's here to take on a very pertinent case to our cause: Caroline Hopkins (Karen Pittman) — she of first Evil exorcism fame — has decided to sue the church, David, and Father Amara (Clark Johnson) for botching her exorcism. Renée volunteers for this job for one very specific reason: She knows David. She is Julia's sister. They seem very happy to see one another. And by "happy" I mean boiling over with sexual tension. So this is fun!

Julia - Love - David - Life - Renée

We still know very little about Julia, the late love of David's life, but Renée brings with her a few more details: Apparently, on her deathbed, Julia told both David and Renée that the Church needs...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
An enemy of death and destruction