Murder charge announced in death of fighters´ stepdaughter

Mail Online | 12/2/2019 | Associated Press
TitanSwimrTitanSwimr (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12/03/00/20813430-0-image-a-12_1575332413583.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/backup/2019/10/29/3398216883692261147/1024x576_MP4_3398216883692261147.mp4

Prosecutors say the man investigators consider the lone suspect in the shooting death of the stepdaughter of a well-known UFC fighter will face a capital murder charge.

Lee County District Attorney Brandon Hughes announced Monday that prosecutors also will seek the death penalty against 29-year-old Ibraheem Yazeed in the death of Aniah Blanchard, a 19-year-old Alabama college student.

Hughes - Investigators - Yazeed - Person - Death

Hughes says investigators believe Yazeed is the lone person responsible for her death.

Yazeed was jailed earlier, charged with kidnapping in the woman´s disappearance. Prosecutors say the charges are being upgraded after

Blanchard´s - Hughes - Examiner - Blanchard - Gunshot

Blanchard´s remains were discovered. Hughes says the medical examiner determined Blanchard died from a gunshot wound.

Two other men - Antwain Fisher and David Johnson Jr - have been arrested and charged in connection with her disappearance.

Blanchard - Gas - Station - Auburn - October

Blanchard went missing from a gas station near Auburn on October 23 before the remains were found in the woods 18 miles east of Montgomery on Monday.

Police confirmed Wednesday that they belonged to the 19-year-old, who is the stepdaughter of UFC fighter.

Authorities - Remains - Feet - Area - Adjacent

Authorities found the remains a few feet inside a wooded area adjacent to County Road 2 near Highway 80 in Shorter, Alabama, WSFA-TV reported.

Police said they were making the announcement with 'heavy hearts' as the month-long search came to a close.

Blanchard´s - Disappearance - Homicide - Investigation - Charges

Blanchard´s disappearance is now a homicide investigation and additional charges will be filed, police said.

'I am heartbroken for the family of Aniah Blanchard,' Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey said in a statement.

Alabamians - State - Outcome - Prayers - People

'Like Alabamians across our state, I was praying for a much different outcome. I will be keeping them in my prayers and ask the people of Alabama to...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!