The Link between Depression and Birth Control
posted on November 20, 2019 by Julia Hogan

Natural Womanhood | 11/20/2019 | Staff
erinmmarionerinmmarion (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://s3.amazonaws.com/naturalwomanhood/wp-content/uploads/20191115115701/maria-teneva-2Wa88Py0h0A-unsplash-500x350.jpg

In my work as a psychotherapist, one of the first things I try to address with my clients is identifying any areas of their life that might be exacerbating whatever mental health issue they are experiencing. I ask them about their sleep habits, their eating habits, the health of their significant relationships, their exercise habits, significant stressors, and any medication they are prescribed. All of these facets of their life might be worsening their symptoms. For example, not getting enough quality sleep is linked to an increased risk of developing depression. One study found that individuals who struggle with insomnia are ten times more likely to develop depression and seventeen times more likely to develop anxiety.

In my work as a psychotherapist, one of the first things I try to address with my clients is identifying any areas of their life that might be exacerbating whatever mental health issue they are experiencing. I ask them about their sleep habits, their eating habits, the health of their significant relationships, their exercise habits, significant stressors, and any medication they are prescribed. All of these facets of their life might be worsening their symptoms. For example, not getting enough quality sleep is linked to an increased risk of developing depression. One study found that individuals who struggle with insomnia are ten times more likely to develop depression and seventeen times more likely to develop anxiety.

Person - Health - Status - Example - Diet

What a person eats (or doesn’t) can also affect their mental health status. For example, an improper diet can contribute to the fatigue someone is already experiencing as a symptom of their depression. The same goes for exercise. Exercise can actually improve a person’s mood and serve as a protective barrier against some of the symptoms of depression and anxiety.

While it may not be surprising to you that many of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Natural Womanhood
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift