4 Ways to Respond When Christians Hurt You

The Aquila Report | 11/24/2019 | Staff
Jesus taught us to “bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you” (Luke 6:28). If this is true with regard to our relationship to our enemies, how much more of our relationship to an offending brother or sister? When someone does something to hurt us, we should pray that God would grant him repentance, give him the same grace we need, and make him fruitful. It is a mark of humility when we do so.

As the culture war rages on, there is another battle raging to which we must turn our attention. When I was a boy, my dad would sometimes tell me, “No one will hurt you so much as others in the church.” In my lifetime, this has generally proven to be true. Believers sometimes experience the greatest hurt in their relationships with other professing believers in the church at large.

Professing - Believer - Feelings - Reputation - Turn

When a professing believer hurts our feelings or reputation, how should we respond? Should we, in turn, demean that individual by telling others (whether privately or publicly), “I can’t...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Aquila Report
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into"--Jonathan Swift
Tagged: