3 Powerful Ways To Move Past Your Anger, Frustration & Resentment

www.lifeingraceblog.com | 11/20/2019 | Edie Wadsworth
gbabii05gbabii05 (Posted by) Level 3

View this post on Instagram

Two men in my life celebrated birthdays in the last month, and to say they were different celebrations is an understatement. Tom Tom welcomes ALL the birthday fun, and Stevie just wants a normal night and dinner.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I used to get SO hurt that Stevie didn't care about all the work I put into a big celebration. I made his birthday all about me and I let it be an excuse to prove the story in my head—that he doesn't appreciate what I do.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I've learned a lot about love and relationships and Stevie since then.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I used to blame him for my emotions. I used to tell a different story about us. Until I realized that I'm in charge of the narrative of my life.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Here are 7 ways to take responsibility for your relationships and write a better story...⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1. Stop blaming others for how you feel (your thoughts cause YOUR feelings, so nobody can make you feel anything!)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 2. Stop making excuses for why your relationships are struggling⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 3. Give yourself what you need⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4. Stop chasing happiness in temporal, external things (Your contentment and peace of mind is YOUR work)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 5. Stop complaining about the people in your life⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 6. Stop resenting and start forgiving⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 7. Take action TODAY to make every relationship in your life better⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Your relationships are up to you.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ You can write the story how you want.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Your life is your responsibility and you lose all your power when you blame other people for how it's turning out.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ YOU are the ONE. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Which of the 7 above do you want to work on? I have mine!!!

A post shared by Dr. Edie Wadsworth|Lifeingrace (@ediewadsworth) on

Reminded of an article @paigeknudsen contributed to my blog years ago and was thinking that some of you may need to hear her words about the space where your dreams and callings collide.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ "teaching preschoolers. mentoring young mamas. creating art. advocating for the poor. going back to college at 52. opening a coffee shop. writing a book. staring a new career. saving pennies for a mission trip. buying a car. restoring economic opportunities in a haitian community.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ i obviously have no idea what your dream is. but I believe that He, the giver of all good gifts, has placed a dream in your heart. He’s not only placed a dream in your heart, He’s gifted you to walk into that space where the dream & the calling join hands and welcome you in. maybe you’re already there. maybe your sweet spot, the place where you are effective and confident and thriving, is already a part of your everyday."⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ YES & AMEN.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Those nudges that you’d like to do this or that? Those desires are God given and what a privilege to be able to create more love and kindness and good and beauty in the world.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ If you want a very FUN kick in the booty toward the goals and dreams, check out my stories today and GET YOURSELF to my live event, YOUR BEST BEAUTIFUL YEAR!! It's amazing and you'll be so glad you decided to make your GROWTH a priority. Your whole family will benefit!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ WILL I SEE YOU THERE?!?!????!

I think the path to living the life you were created to live often looks like being willing to suffer the pain of exposure, being willing to admit, at least to yourself, that things are not as they should be—that you often fail to measure up to the standards that you or society or your church has set for you. That you’re still a mess of epic proportions.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Often what we do instead is hide away. Hide our emotions, hide our sins, hide our stories, hide somewhere safe behind the thin veil of religion, pride, status, wealth, a job, a degree, an addiction, or the self-obsesssion that often comes with trying to so hard to be what we think the world wants.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ And we all do it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ But friends, you’ve been given work to do, a story to tell, and people to serve.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Don’t let fear keep you from doing in the world what only you can do. Yes, there will be fire and yes, there will be pain.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ The alternative is to stay closed and stuck.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ BUT. If you open yourself, your mouth, your heart up—in the process, you will learn to live fully alive in your giftings, free from what has shamed you and caused you to hide yourself, free to finally love and serve the people God has put right in front of you with everything that is in you, free to walk through fire to find your way home.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ XOXOXO⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ p.s. If you're local, I'm speaking at Arrowhead Church in Morristown tonight and would love to see you there! Dinner is at 6 and I'll .be speaking at 7! Link to grab tickets in my stories!!!

Thursday morning chronicles with Tom Tom— 7am Wake him up in plenty of time to get dressed, eat something, play with the dogs, finish his math and ride his razor. 7:10 Get him dressed in his school uniform and smooch his face all over because he’s so darn cute. 7:20 Give him his 15 minute warning and remind him we have to finish his math before we leave. 7:30 Five minute warning while I finish my chores. 7:32 He yells upstairs that he has pee all over his shirt, so I go downstairs to investigate. Sure enough. A dinner plate sized pee stain on the front of his uniform shirt. “Tom, what in the world happened to your shirt?” He looks surprised, “All I did was go outside and pee and it got all over me.” I take a deep breath, bite my tongue and tell him that I’m going to get clean clothes for him and he better meet me in the car in 30 seconds because we have to leave. 7:35 I get in the car with his clean clothes and his unfinished math homework and start slowly pulling out of the driveway. 7:37 I drive slowly past the front door at which point I spot him getting on his razor. “Tom, get in this car right now or I’m leaving.” He doesn’t. I drive slowly away. He gives me a good headstart and then starts chasing me, half nekkid, down our long drive. I stop to give him a chance to get in. He makes a quick turn to the right and yells, “I’ll dis meet you at Becky’s by the horses.” 7:40 I spot him running as fast as he can through the fields and back yards and long grass. He opens the door and jumps in, with a grin a mile wide, just as proud of himself as he could be. He gets dressed and buckled in no time flat, breathing heavy and asking me why I’m so mean. 7:41 I tell him that if he doesn’t finish his math on the way to school, he may have to miss recess. (Blatant LIE but at this point, I AM TAPPED OUT.) He keeps handing me his math sheet, while shaking his head and asking me to read it to him and telling me he “ain’t too good at math. Or readin either." He finishes just in time to jump out of my car and barrel into school with all the pride of a boy who has conquered the world. Just curious? How was your morning?

They don’t call me an Appalachian medicine woman for nothing.😂🤩🤠 Tom Tom told me last week that I needed to bring oils to his teacher. “She would like ‘em cause she’s jist like you.” Not sure what that meant but I have some miracle stories with my potions. One of my fave things lately? Slathering my knee in Marjoram. (ACL tear in April doing a race). That combined with the magic of my gym @10experience and the brilliance of @absolute_tx and Zac’s amazing therapy, I pr’d my deadlift yesterday at 253 pounds!!!! MAMA IS GETTING STRONGER. I may have done the happy dance. 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼 What amazing results have you had with these unicorn tears?!?

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah 4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy habitation of the Most High. 5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved; God will help her when morning dawns. 6 The nations rage, the kingdoms totter; he utters his voice, the earth melts. 7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, how he has brought desolations on the earth. 9 He makes wars cease to the end of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the chariots with fire. 10 “Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” 11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Psalm 46 Photo by Tom Tom

I can't quit on the closet talk y'all.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Yesterday, I did a SUPER FUN project in my closet with a little wallpaper from WALMART.COM and it's so adorable. Go check out my stories to see my time lapse video of this cute little makeover. It took about 45 minutes and I did it with some scissors and a kitchen spatula because OF COURSE I DID. Patience and correct tools are not my spiritual gift.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Also? I parted ways with some items I like in order to keep items I LOVE. (Hint, I gave these shoes away!) It was perfect timing because fall fashion may be my favorite everrrrr.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ (Also, Tom Tom being the hoarder that he is took a fair amount of my DONATE pile up to his closet. It's the ACTUAL BEST EVER. He took my white furry vest because he said it made him look like a polar bear and he took my black snazzy cowboy boots because he wants to wear them when he's 16 and Stevie buys him a truck. 😂😂😂) ###⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ So, I'm loving my paired down choices. I'm also loving floral dresses, chunky sweaters, embellished tops, jeans, oversized earrings...and ALL the booties. Fall just isn't the same without them!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Tell me one item in your fall wardrobe you can't live without?!?!?!

In light of all my massive closet clean out talk lately, I thought I'd share some of my all-time favorite tips with you! And don't forget to let me know if you are taking on this task. I'll send you virtual hugs and encouraging GIFs to make it through!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 1. Edit, edit, edit!!! I have a much smaller closet than I had in our previous house, so that forces me to be choosier about what I buy and keep. I remove anything I know I won't get any more wear out of and donate, re-purpose, or sell.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 2. Stop buying (as much). Give yourself permission to be picky. Buy fewer things but invest in some pieces that are a good fit for you.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 3. Take everything out. And wear a mask. It’s a dusty proposition. BUT, I’m always so glad I took the time to take everything out and really clean the shelves and floors with my Thieves spray.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 4. Invest in good hangers. Just do it slowly over time and eventually, you can replace all your white plastic hangers with felt or wooden ones so less clothes fall off and onto the floor!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 5. Hang like things together by color. I love a good rainbow closet. It’s so PRETTY!! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 6. Personalize your space. Don’t forget to display some cute things, like purses and cowboy boots, to make you space all the more inviting and fun!!! And if you're building a house soon or want to add some architectural interest to your closets, try adding crown molding to the top and to the front of shelves. It’s a fairly inexpensive way to make your closet have a fancy boutique feel. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Alsoooo, peep the Buzz Lightyear toy in the corner of this pic. Just a friendly mama reminder that even though we may edit, our houses are still very much lived-in! Enjoy the process and don't worry about making anything too perfect. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Mwahhhhhh!!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ p.s. I did a podcast about 10 things to edit from your life and I'll link to it in stories! Happy FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

Here’s what happened.

One Saturday morning recently, Tom-Tom decided to sneak out and take both of our dogs down to the lake. If you’ve seen pictures of my house you know there is a steep drop off to the lake and when the water’s down in the fall and winter you can climb on the rocks. Tom-Tom LOVES to take Banda down there and climb on the rocks.

Okay

Usually this turns out okay.

But not today. He could have gotten back up alone but he couldn’t get back up with the dogs.

Hour - Ordeal - Daughter - Elea

So this turns into a two hour ordeal where my oldest daughter Elea has to scale down there to try and figure out how to help them.

Then, Tom said, “Well, I’ll jus’ holler for some fisherman to help.”

Fishermen - Fishing - Boat - Lake - Attention

So that’s exactly what he did! There were some fishermen out in a fishing boat on the lake and he got their attention. Pretty soon the muddy dogs and the muddy children got into the fishing boat and the dear fishermen drove them to safety and dry land.

Well, let me tell you, my daughter was not happy. Actually, nobody in the house was happy.

Tom - Tom

Except for Tom Tom.

He was totally thrilled with the adventure and himself. He tried not to smile when he got back home. That young’un just loves drama and an adventure.

And us? We were all just so mad.

Time, as it does, lent us some perspective and a few days later we all just realized that the whole situation was kind of hilarious. The stuff that he said when he got back up, the stuff that he said to all of us about the whole ordeal–the whole thing was really, really funny.

Time - Nope

But it was not funny at the time. Nope.

How many of you can relate?

SO

Something happens that makes you SO frustrated and angry but...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.lifeingraceblog.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Been there, done that, twice...