Myths About the Crusades That Too Many People Believe (Maybe Even You!)

churchpop.com | 11/16/2019 | Staff
mayemaye (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/crusade3.jpg

View this post on Instagram

On the way to Indianapolis today! Comment below if you or someone you know is heading to @ncycofficial this week 😊 I’ll also be seeing some friends from @awakenfaith_ while I’m there! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Please pray for safe travels ✈️ #ChurchPOP #Blessed #NCYC2019 #CatholicLife 📸 @litcatholicmemes

A post shared by ChurchPOP (@churchpop) on

Some powerful words from our dear #MotherAngelica 👏🏻 What is one new way you can invite your Catholic faith into your day today? ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Count down to @ncycofficial with #ChurchPOP via the Instagram stories feature! Make sure to shoot us a direct message if you’ll be there, too! 😊 #ewtn #catholicconnect #thursdaythoughts #catholicquote #catholiclife

Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, Pray for Us! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 👉🏻SWIPE to see some photos from the Mother Cabrini Shrine here in Colorado! & don’t forget to join #ChurchPOP on Instagram stories for more as we celebrate her #feastday throughout the day. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Almighty and Eternal Father, Giver of all Gifts, show us Thy mercy, and grant, we beseech Thee, through the merits of Thy faithful Servant, Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, that all who invoke her intercession may obtain what they desire according to the good pleasure of Thy Holy Will. [MENTION REQUEST]. St. Frances Xavier Cabrini, beloved spouse of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, intercede for us that the favor we now ask may be granted. AMEN ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 📸Caroline & Getty Image (first image) #StFrancesXavierCabrini #MotherCabrini #CatholicPhoto #CatholicNews

On our Instagram stories today we shared about some of the many saints who were given visions of Purgatory during their time on earth. Saint Faustina speaks of her visions of Purgatory in her diary, ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ “I saw my Guardian Angel, who ordered me to follow him. In a moment I was in a misty place full of fire in which there was a great crowd of suffering souls. They were praying fervently, but to no avail, for themselves; only we can come to their aid. The flames which were burning them did not touch me at all. My Guardian Angel did not leave me for an instant. I asked these souls what their greatest suffering was. They answered me in one voice that their greatest torment was longing for God. I saw Our Lady visiting the souls in Purgatory. The souls call her ‘The Star of the Sea.’ She brings them refreshment. I wanted to talk with them some more, but my Guardian Angel beckoned me to leave. We went out of that prison of suffering. [I heard an interior voice] which said, ‘My mercy does not want this, but justice demands it.’ Since that time, I am in closer communion with the suffering souls.” (Diary, 20) ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Today I’ll be praying the #DivineMercyChaplet LIVE from a cemetery nearby (via the #ChurchPOP Facebook page). Join me in praying for the holy souls in Purgatory. 🙏🏻

This is so interesting!

How many myths about the Crusades do you believe?

Episode - Catholic - Talk - Show - Ryan

In this episode of The Catholic Talk Show, Ryan Scheel, Fr. Rich Pagano, and Ryan DellaCrosse discuss with Historian Steve Weidenkopf myths about the crusades that too many people believe.

They debunk several misconceptions of this important part of history, including some of the following questions:

Cause - Crusades

What was the true cause of the Crusades?

Were the Crusades unprovoked wars of aggression?

Crusades

How many Crusades were there?

The unbelievable truth behind the “Children’s Crusade”?

Crusaders - Thugs - Knights

Were the Crusaders murderous thugs or valiant knights?

Do The Crusades continue to be a cause of tension with Islam?

and much more!

Listen to the episode below:

Click - Video

Click here if you cannot see the video above.

Did any of these myths surprise you?

Do you appreciate the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: churchpop.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!