SARAH VINE: Did Prince Andrew never think of his own daughters?

Mail Online | 11/19/2019 | Sarah Vine for the Daily Mail
stefaniastefania (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/19/22/21223854-0-image-a-24_1574201604211.jpg

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse for Prince Andrew, a new Jeffrey Epstein accuser — known as Jane Doe 15 — has emerged, alleging that after the financier had taken her virginity, aged 15, he tried to entice her to his private island on the pretext that the Duke of York was going to be there.

Jane Doe is now 31. Which means that, at the time the alleged abuse by Epstein took place, she would have been the same age as Andrew's eldest daughter, Princess Beatrice.

Beatrice - Sister - Eugenie - Feel

How that must make poor Beatrice and her sister Eugenie feel, I can only imagine.

It is never easy being born into fame. But Andrew's daughters are now facing something far more traumatic: the notion that their own father may have turned a blind eye to sexual abuse — when what he should have been doing is trying to put a stop to it.

Stages - Friendship - Epstein - Prince - Andrew

I suppose it is possible that in the earlier stages of his friendship with Epstein, Prince Andrew might have missed the warning signs that with hindsight seem so clear.

But, by 2010, after Epstein had served time for procuring underage prostitutes, there was no doubt what kind of man he was; yet the Prince still saw fit to spent four days under his roof.

Andrew - Epstein - Predilections - Moment - Responsibilities

It is clear that, whatever else Andrew may or may not have previously known about Epstein's predilections, from that moment on he failed completely in his moral responsibilities. Not just as a member of the Royal Family and a decent human being, but also, and perhaps more importantly, as a father.

He knew the whole story, and yet still he rode high on Epstein's hog.

Newsnight - Emily - Maitlis - Prince - Decision

When pressed on this by Newsnight's Emily Maitlis, the Prince justified his decision by saying it was a 'convenient place to stay'. He then added,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Trump - Just saying what the rest won't