The Good Doctor Recap: Fear and Objectivity — Plus, Morgan's Big Secret

TVLine | 11/18/2019 | Ryan Schwartz
Click For Photo: https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/the-good-doctor-3x08-shaun-carly-1.jpg?w=620

The Good Doctor Episode 7 Recap: Have Lim and Melendez Reached a Breaking Point?

This week on The Good Doctor, Shaun and Carly deal with intimacy issues, Lim and Melendez’s interpersonal squabbling worsens, and Morgan discloses a life-changing secret.

Beginning - Moonshot - Shaun - Carly - Amusement

At the beginning of “Moonshot,” Shaun and Carly’s amusement park date culminates at her place. They make their way up to her bedroom, where she begins to unbutton his shirt. She asks if he’s ready to lie down with her, because she’s ready, and she’s done everything to make sure that he’ll be comfortable. She went out and purchased six-hundred thread count sheets, a memory foam pillow and an incandescent lightbulb, all to his liking. He turns on the lamp (you know, to confirm the wattage), and his face lights up. He’s ready — or at least he thinks he’s ready until he sees Carly on her bed. He picks up his shirt and leaves.

The following morning, Shaun goes to drop off cardiac labs in pathology, where Carly confronts him about what happened. She tells him that he has nothing to be embarrassed about, but he’s not embarrassed. “I want to have sex with you,” he tells her. “I think about it very often, even when I’m supposed to focus on more pressing matters.” And she wants it to happen, too, so she’s done her research. There’s a process known as exposure therapy; psychologists use it to treat phobias, but it also works with people with autism. “If you’re game, we can try it tonight,” she says. “I’m game,” Shaun replies. Later that night, they reconvene at her place, and she tells Shaun exactly how exposure therapy will work. They’ll lie down on the bed, side by side, fully clothed and not touching for 15 seconds. When the timer goes off, he’ll go...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVLine
Wake Up To Breaking News!
There's no problem on the inside of a kid that the outside of a dog can't cure.