WHI-1493 | The Epilogue of John’s Gospel

Sunday, 17 Nov 2019

www.whitehorseinn.org | 11/17/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: http://www.whitehorseinn.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/1200x628_EpilogueofJohnsGospel.jpg

Some scholars have argued that chapter 20 is the real ending of John’s Gospel and that chapter 21 is a later addition. But is there any evidence for this claim? On this program, the hosts will make the argument that John’s Gospel has both a prologue and an epilogue, and will also discuss some clues that appear in this final chapter that may point to the identity of the beloved disciple. That’s the focus of this edition of the White Horse Inn.

Chris Gordon: When Peter made his denial, there’s a little phrase there in one of the gospels. It said, “So said all the disciples.” All of them had failed Jesus terribly. And here, the overarching great encouragement of this passage is Jesus simply saying to them, “My purpose has not changed for you. This is my purpose and you will fulfill what I’m sending you...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.whitehorseinn.org
Wake Up To Breaking News!
"Tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis