‘He Left Me Speechless’: Steven Spielberg Remembers Branko Lustig

Variety | 11/14/2019 | Dave McNary
Click For Photo: https://pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2019/11/steven-spielberg-branko-lustig.jpg?w=700&h=393&crop=1

Steven Spielberg has offered a touching remembrance of Branko Lustig, the Holocaust survivor who produced “Schindler’s List” with Spielberg and Gerald Molen and died Thursday in Croatia.

“I was heartbroken to hear of Branko’s passing and my thoughts are with his family and friends,” Spielberg said. “When we first met to discuss ‘Schindler’s List,’ he insisted his award-winning film credits were irrelevant, and that his qualification to work on the film was simple and singular. Rolling up his sleeves to reveal a numeric tattoo from Auschwitz, he left me speechless and our lovely friendship of nearly three decades was born in that intimate moment.”

Horror - Holocaust - Journey - Triumph - Hope

“Emerging from the horror of the Holocaust, his personal journey is a triumph of hope and determination; a story to which children from some of today’s unthinkable environments can aspire,” Spielberg concluded. “He will be truly...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Variety
Wake Up To Breaking News!