Christian hip-hop pioneer KJ-52 announces retirement, explains why he’s releasing final album 

www.christianpost.com | 11/14/2019 | Staff
blackyblacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/38/233879.png

View this post on Instagram

My @kickstarter for the final KJ-52 book/album is now live! Please head to www.kj52book.com thank you! (Please share)

A post shared by KJ52 (@kj52instagram) on

Christian hip-hop pioneer KJ-52 announces retirement, explains why he’s releasing final album

Facebook Twitter Email Print Menu Comment

Hip-hop - Pioneer - KJ-52 - Name - Jonah

Christian hip-hop pioneer KJ-52, whose real name is Jonah Kirsten Sorrentino, took to Instagram this month to share a list of reasons why he’s hanging up his rap hat.

To date, Sorrentino has listed six reasons on the social media platform explaining why it makes sense for him to end his KJ-52 brand. He shared a different reason every few days.

Album/book - Reality - Ageism - Reigns - Supreme

“Many of you have asked why is this the last KJ-52 album/book. The reality (whether we like to admit it or not) is that ageism reigns supreme in CHH. There isn’t a place to grow old gracefully from a touring perspective. I’ve been told in so many words that I’m too old (or been around too long) to get the ‘slots’ anymore,” he shared as reason No. 1.

Sorrentino said his core fanbase has helped fund his four last indie projects but his touring opportunities have not been the same.

CHH - Pioneers - Perspective - Legacy - Acts

“CHH doesn’t honor its pioneers from a touring perspective. There’s no legacy touring acts in the genre, sad to say. People can say they want it but it comes down to the handful of gatekeepers. (black and white) that control whether it happens or not,” he added.

The Tampa, Florida, resident will be producing one final KJ-52 album/tour and book but assured his fans there will still be music. He said his end goal is to transition from road life to full-time church ministry after 20 years as a performer.

Sorrentino - Reason - No

Sorrentino said reason No. 2 is “money.”

“Sad to say, but over the last five years I’ve probably been burned to the tune of approx $100K (maybe more) by multiple organizations/people,” Sorrentino revealed.

Streaming

He also said streaming has made it nearly impossible for an...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...