CMA Awards 2019 Winners: Blake Shelton wins Single Of The Year for first time ever

Mail Online | 11/13/2019 | Brian Gallagher For Dailymail.com
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/11/14/04/20987606-0-image-a-77_1573706120092.jpg

Click For Video: https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/video/backup/2019/11/14/6106793270898373892/1024x576_MP4_6106793270898373892.mp4

In a night hosted by three of country music's biggest stars, past and present, rising stars, Kacey Musgraves and Maren Morris, took home two of the biggest awards at the 53rd Annual Country Music Awards.

Musgraves earned Female Artist of the Year honors, while Maren Morris won Album of the Year for Girl.

Country - Garth - Brooks - Stadium - Tour

But it was country legend Garth Brooks, who launched a Stadium Tour and Dive Bar Tour in 2019, who won Entertainer of the Year despite having no new album.

Four past winners of Female Vocalist of the Year - Janie Fricke, Pam Tillis, Kathy Mattea and Martina McBride - presented this year's award.

Kacey - Musgraves - Carrie - Underwood - Kelsey

Kacey Musgraves won, beating out Carrie Underwood, Kelsey Ballerini, Miranda Lambert and Maren Morris.

'Thank you. Words can't express just how meaningful and truly unbelievable this past couple of years have been,' she began.

Energy - Earth - Needs

'But I just want to say, I feel that the female energy is really needed right now,' she added. 'It's really important and I think it's what Earth needs.'

'I love country music. I have an amazing team who worked their a***es off. I'm just really happy to be here. Thank you.'

Maren - Morris - Girl - Center - Point

Maren Morris won for Girl, beating out Center Point Road by Thomas Rhett, Cry Pretty by Carrie Underwood, Dan + Shay by Dan + Shay and Desperate Man by Eric Church.

'This is incredible. Thank you country music. Thank you to my peers in this room who I respect so much for voting for me for this,' Morris began.

'I - Facet - Album - Way - Friend

'I would be really remiss if I didn't mention a huge facet of how the album sounds the way it does, and that's our friend Busbee,' she said, referring to producer Michael Busbee, who passed away in September at the age of 43.

'His wife Jess is here tonight and she looks so beautiful, thank you for...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!