The 15 Best Films About Faith From the 2010s

The Gospel Coalition | 11/14/2019 | Brett McCracken
TraightTraight (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.thegospelcoalition.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/03223301/IMG_8635_JPG_Kinn7pVp.jpg

What were the best films about faith released in the 2010s decade? I’m not talking about “faith-based films” as the marketing term Hollywood uses for movies like Fireproof and God’s Not Dead. I’m not talking about films made for faith audiences so much as films made to explore faith: the struggle and beauty of faith, its many ups and downs, its fragile place in our secular age.

There have been many excellent movies like this released in the last 10 years. Here are 15 of my favorites. They are movies that strengthened my faith and sometimes provoked it (in helpful ways); films that inspired devotional reflection and sometimes worship. I hope they do the same for you.

Malick - Film—releasing - Theaters - December - Review

Malick’s newest film—releasing in theaters this December (my full review will publish at TGC in upcoming weeks)—is, among other things, his answer to Scorsese’s Silence. Based on the true story of Franz Jägerstätter, an Austrian Christian who refused to compromise his faith by swearing oath to Hitler and the Nazis, A Hidden Life is also about the struggle of faith in the face of persecution. A sort of cinematic rendering of the Psalms, in the gorgeous scenery...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The Gospel Coalition
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.