3 SECRETS THAT HELP YOUNG LEADERS SOAR AT WORK

CareyNieuwhof.com | 10/15/2012 | Staff
monnamonna (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i1.wp.com/careynieuwhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/shutterstock_552421705.jpg?fit=1000,562&ssl=1

We’ve had a lot of young leaders join our team over the last few years, some straight out of college.

Despite all the stereotypes about young leaders, I actually love working with young leaders and have seen them do amazing work.

Boss - Challenges - Team - Others

But as their boss, one of the key challenges I’ve faced is helping them acclimatize to working in a team setting with others.

Over the last few years, I’ve discovered a few key practices (call them secrets if you like) that can help create traction fast and even soar at work.

Leaders - Areas - Performance - Move - Months

When I’ve coached young leaders (some as young as 19) in these three areas, I’ve seen their performance move from good to great in months.

The best thing about these practices is that anyone can learn them quickly. Frankly, they’ve served as great reminders to me as well, regardless of the fact that I’ve been leading for a few decades now. The more I exhibit these traits (and everyone does), the better things go.

Secrets - Leaders - Skill - Workplace

These secrets work especially well with young leaders because it seems to be a skill set they’re lacking as they enter the workplace.

So if you’re a young leader, try embracing these. If you coach young leaders like I do, try coaching them in these three areas.

Secrets

So what are the secrets? Here you go:

So many problems emerge when people fail to take action.

Inactivity - Hesitation - Kinds - Confusion - Organizations

Inactivity, uncertainly and hesitation create all kinds of confusion in organizations, and sadly, it’s way more normal than you’d expect.

Things fall behind schedule, issues never get dealt with and frustration rises.

Result - Uncertainty - Plagues - Leaders

As a result, uncertainty plagues leaders who are starting out because they’re trying to figure out whether they’re allowed to act or not.

Proactivity solves so much of that.

Advice - Leaders - Someone - Problem

My advice to young leaders is this: don’t wait for someone to ask you to solve a problem, start tackling it.

If you’re...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CareyNieuwhof.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!