The Masked Singer's Ladybug Says the Lindsay Lohan Shade Was Just to Throw People Off

TVGuide.com | 11/13/2019 | Malcolm Venable
Click For Photo: https://tvguide1.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2019/09/26/1e921155-002c-43f8-8825-5af591bb6926/thumbnail/1300x867/85e98ee224157e4bda1b7bcf1a666478/190926-ladybug-masked-singer-news-1.jpg

In one of its best fake-outs yet, The Masked Singer revealed the identity of its latest eliminated creature, the Ladybug, to be Kelly Osbourne, a bit of a shock considering many viewers (including us!) swore she was Jamie Lynn Spears. Hinting over and over that she was from a famous family and had endured her fair share of pressure from being under the glare of the Hollywood spotlights for so long, Ladybug also helped the Spears theory by speaking with a Southern twang. Well, we now know that was a stroke of brilliant trickery since Osbourne speaks with the same English lilt as her dad — famous rocker Ozzy — and her mom, The Talk host Sharon Osbourne.

Of course, Kelly needed no introduction to the world of reality TV: her family practically helped define the genre for the modern era on the Emmy-winning The Osbournes, and she made it to third place in Season 9 of Dancing with the Stars, among her many other endeavors (including three albums!) on-screen and off. But having taken two years out of the public eye to focus on sobriety, Osbourne told TV Guide that The Masked Singer was practically a life-changing experience, one that primed her to take on TV and her life again.

Elimination - Episode - Osbourne - TV - Guide

Just before her elimination episode aired, Osbourne spoke with TV Guide about how she got that perfect Southern accent, the symbolism in the Ladybug costume, and why she kept acting shady every time Ken Jeong suggested she might be Lindsay Lohan.

You fooled everyone with that Southern accent. How'd you do it?

Bit - Fluke - Voice - Modulations - Voices

Osbourne: It was definitely a bit of a fluke. It ended up being funny. So, when you do the voice modulations [to disguise voices on the show] they said, 'You wont hear your accent.' But the second I opened my mouth,...
(Excerpt) Read more at: TVGuide.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!