Does the Bible Answer Man's son believe he has left the Christian faith?

www.christianpost.com | 11/13/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://cdn.christianpost.com/files/original/thumbnail/23/38/233860.jpg

Does the Bible Answer Man's son believe he has left the Christian faith?

Facebook Twitter Email Menu Comment

Son - Answer - Man - Experience - Preacher

Growing up as the son of the “Bible Answer Man” wasn’t always easy. Imagine the stereotypical experience of a preacher’s kid — on steroids. My childhood was spent wandering the halls of the Christian Research Institute, with the theme song of the Bible Answer Man broadcast serving as the soundtrack to my youth. Almost every weekend I found myself in a different corner of the country sitting in the back of another foreign, yet strangely familiar sanctuary as my father spent the weekend as the featured speaker. My formative years were spent watching my father debate, define, and defend truth at all costs, answering people’s theological questions live on the Bible Answer Man broadcast five days a week, “…because truth matters!”™

Yet, something always seemed missing to me. In all honesty, much of the “Christianity” that I was witnessing looked like people spending all of their time theorizing about sports — diagraming plays and game plans — yet never picking up a ball to actually participate and play a game. I vividly remember walking down the hall of the Christian Research Institute and cursing these theologians and their apoplectic allegiance to truth. As my father notes in his book, Truth Matters, Life Matters More, “in the West, theology, like politics, has become a veritable blood sport” and at a young age I had already seen too much of the bloodshed. Sure, truth matters, I would think to myself, but where is the life?

Years - Father - Face - Face - Question

Years later my father would come face to face with the same question, eventually concluding that truth matters, life matters more. Encounters with earnest Christians in the underground church of China, in addition to an enduring disillusionment with the modern church...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.christianpost.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
You've go to put up with Free Speech to have Free Speech!