Louisiana Republican Party Chairman Louis Gurvich told Breitbart News on Saturday that Democrat incumbent Gov. John Bel Edwards “is really a leftist” who has put the state “on a downward trajectory.”

Breitbart | 11/13/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/11/new-John-Bel-Edwards-640x335.jpg

Louisiana Republican Party Chairman Louis Gurvich told Breitbart News on Saturday that Democrat incumbent Gov. John Bel Edwards “is really a leftist” who has put the state “on a downward trajectory.”

“We’ve had a downward trajectory since the day John Bel Edwards got the governorship back,” Gurvich told Matt Boyle, Washington political editor of Breitbart News on Sirius XM’s Breitbart News Saturday.

Second - Amendment - Pro-life - Things - Front

“He’s pro Second Amendment, so he says, and he’s pro-life. You wave those things out in front of the public, you promise everybody ‘I’m not going to raise your taxes, I’m going to reform the government,’ and as soon as you get in, you break your promise. We’ve had the biggest tax increases in the history of the state. We’ve had absolutely no governmental reform,” Gurvich added.

Edwards faces self-made Republican businessman Eddie Rispone in a runoff general election on Saturday. The most recent polls show the pair in a statistical tie.

President - Trump - Rally - Support - Rispone

President Trump held a rally in support of Rispone in Monroe, Louisiana last week, and is scheduled to hold another rally with Rispone in Bossier City, Louisiana on Thursday.

“The claims that a Democrat –again he’s a radical leftist–that he’s pro-Second Amendment and pro-life are just not true, if you look at his record as governor, when San Francisco labeled the NRA a terrorist organization, John Bel Edwards was nowhere to be found,” host Boyle noted.

Duck - Dynasty - Guys - Second - Amendment…

“I trust the Duck Dynasty guys when it comes to the Second Amendment… I saw them at the rally in Monroe. They’ve made it very clear. John Bel Edwards is a radical leftist when it comes to Second Amendment,” Boyle said.

“You have plenty of opportunity to defend the Second Amendment, but when it’s attacked you don’t do anything,” Gurvich said of Edwards.

Gurvich - Edwards - Issues

Gurvich criticized Edwards on pro-life issues as well.

“If you’re right-to-life, why is so much of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Breitbart
Wake Up To Breaking News!