Leaked Sears document reveals how store managers broke news to workers about layoffs and closures

Business Insider | 11/8/2019 | Hayley Peterson
liizu (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://image.businessinsider.com/5dc48b343afd37628076516f?width=1200&format=jpeg&imgtype=.jpg

An internal Sears document reveals how store managers were instructed to inform employees of upcoming closures and layoffs.

The document contains a script for the managers to read to employees during a staff meeting.

Decision - Store - Script - Store - Managers

"The decision has been made to close our store," reads the script, which was shared with store managers this week. "I can assure you that this decision is one that was taken very seriously, however, after exhaustive discussions and weighing all the options, this store will begin the liquidation process shortly."

Sears announced Thursday that it plans to close 96 Sears and Kmart stores by February.

Visit - Business - Insider - Homepage - Stories

Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

An internal Sears document reveals how the company broke news to employees of an upcoming round of 96 store closures and layoffs.

Document - Script - Managers - Employees - Staff

The document contains a script for the managers to read to employees during a staff meeting.

"Transformco has faced challenges since the purchase of substantially all of the assets of Sears Holdings Corporation in February," the script instructs managers to say, according to a copy of the document reviewed by Business Insider. "These challenges have unfortunately affected performance and limited the company's strategic choices.

Conversation - Decision - Store - Decision - Discussions

"This brings me to a very tough conversation. The decision has been made to close our store. I can assure you that this decision is one that was taken very seriously, however, after exhaustive discussions and weighing all the...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Business Insider
Wake Up To Breaking News!