Andy Ngo on Antifa Assault, What Happens If Trump Is Re-elected, and His Future

Townhall | 11/7/2019 | Staff
blacky (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://media.townhall.com/townhall/reu/s1280x720/images/2019/311/ea4f9c87-28a4-41cd-88d7-0f3178da3a5a.png

Independent journalist Andy Ngo has gained a following for his coverage of Antifa protests in Portland, Oregon, and, more recently, the assault perpetrated by masked assailants during one protest in June of this year.

Four months later, Ngo voiced his frustrations with the investigation into his assault, what his predictions are for the Antifa movement if President Trump wins in 2020, and what the future holds for his reporting on the group.

Heritage - Foundation - Antifa - Townhall - Daily

Speaking at the Heritage Foundation about Antifa and to Townhall and the Daily Caller after the event, on Thursday, Ngo said while he understands a police investigation can take time, he said the detective assigned to his case has not spoken to him in over three months.

"So, you know for a case that was as high profile as mine, I thought like, geez there should be kind of creating pressure to do more, right? At least just to keep me informed," he said.

Ngo - Lack - Action - Case - Higher-ups

Ngo said he suspects the lack of quick action for his case stems from the higher-ups in Portland.

"To me, it's intentional that nobody on [the] city council reached out to me after what happened. I was actually expecting the mayor to at least give me a call, you know, to say something similar to like [Rep.] Eric Swalwell, like, 'I disagree with you blah, blah, blah, but what happened to you is wrong.' And that never happened. So, it's frustrating just on like a human level."

Ngo - Antifa - Movement - United - States

Ngo explained the Antifa movement within the United States gained prominence and membership after Trump won in 2016, using the newly-elected president as evidence to say fascism is on the rise in America. If re-elected, Ngo said, cities can expect Antifa to show up in greater numbers.

"I believe it will be an even bigger reaction than what we saw in 2016 in...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Townhall
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Putting government in charge of morality, is like putting Satan in charge of ...