Father Wins Small Victory in Fight to Save 7-Year-Old from Gender Transition

ChurchLeaders | 10/25/2019 | Staff
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/save-james-1.jpg

LATEST UPDATE!!!!!!Judge Cooks has granted equal 50/50 conservatorship over decisions regarding both boys!This means...

Posted by
Save James on Thursday, October 24, 2019

There has been a small win for the movement to “Save James.” A judge has ruled that the father and mother of seven-year-old James Younger have equal conservatorship and an equal say in the boy’s medical treatment. The judge’s ruling prevents James’s mother, Dr. Anne Georgulas, from moving forward with her desire to transition her son from a boy to a girl, something his father, Jeffrey Younger, strongly opposes.

“I’m looking out for the best interests of James, my son,” wrote Younger on the website, SaveJames.com. “When James is with me, he shows no signs of wanting to be a girl when given the choice. Even when in female company, away from me, James rejects a female gender expression…Help me Save James.”

Jurors - Testimony - Texas - Week - Dispute

Jurors heard testimony in Texas last week regarding the dispute between Younger and his ex-wife, Dr. Georgulas, over custody of their twin sons, James and Jude. Younger was seeking sole custody of the boys, while Georgulas wanted to further restrict his access to their sons. Central to the case was the question of James’s gender identity.

On Monday, the jury rejected Younger’s request for sole conservatorship, paving the way for Georgulos to move forward with transitioning James if she wished. However, on Thursday, Judge Kim Cooks ruled the parents were to have equal rights when it came to medical decisions, preventing Georgulas from moving forward without Younger’s consent.

Georgulas - James - Jude - Fertilization - Boys

Younger and Georgulas married in 2010. They conceived James and Jude through in vitro fertilization, and the boys were born in 2012. According to The Texan, both parents were members of the Orthodox Church at the time. The marriage disintegrated and was annulled after four years, with Georgulas gaining more rights over the children than Younger, even though both were joint managing conservators. The marriage’s breakdown appears to have been bitter and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!