Scientist names new minuscule fungus-eating beetle after Greta Thunberg

The American Mirror | 10/25/2019 | Staff
tiazannetiazanne (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://www.theamericanmirror.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Gretaandbug.png

Scientists identified a new minuscule fungus-eating beetle, among the smallest free-living creatures on the planet, and they named the bug after Swedish “climate change” crusader Greta Thunberg.

“I suspect this could very well be the first time a species has been named after Greta,” said Michael Darby, the scientific associate at the UK’s Natural History Museum who named the beetle. “I don’t know of any other beetle named after her, that’s for sure.”

Thunberg - Known - School - Climate - Strike

Thunberg is best known for her school climate strike protest to draw attention to changes in the climate she believes will destroy the planet. Last year, the then 15-year-old began skipping school to protest outside of the Swedish parliament in hopes of convincing lawmakers to take action to save the planet, a stunt that’s since spread to similar protests involving millions of students in 150 countries.

“I’m really a great fan of Greta,” Darby said. “She is a great advocate for saving the planet and she is amazing at doing it, so I thought that this was a good opportunity to recognize that.”

Darby - Soil - Samples - Museum - Collections

Darby was sorting through soil samples in the Museum’s collections that were originally collected in Kenya in the mid-1960s when he made his miraculous discovery.

The Museum reports:

Michael - Samples - Microscopes - Beetles - Substrate

Michael went through these samples using high-powered microscopes to observe and photograph the tiny beetles that were caught up in the substrate. He has been able to describe not only the new species named for Greta but also a new...
(Excerpt) Read more at: The American Mirror
Wake Up To Breaking News!