Mother-of-three, 33, shares her foolproof trick for stopping kids' tantrums in their tracks

Mail Online | 10/21/2019 | Alice Murphy For Daily Mail Australia
kshama-skshama-s (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/22/02/20016096-0-image-a-2_1571708368594.jpg

A mother-of-three children under the age of five has shared her foolproof trick for coping with moody kids and stopping tantrums before they escalate.

Laura Mazza, 33, a parenting blogger and social worker from Melbourne, recently revealed her eldest son Luca planned to 'run away' after she told him to read a book instead of playing on his iPad all day.

Temper - Moment - Frustration - Laura - Psychology

After losing her temper in a moment of frustration, Laura used reverse psychology to reassure the little boy by telling him everything she would miss about him if he left - a clever tactic that quickly made him relent.

'Luca told me I was the worst mum,' Laura captioned her post.

Tantrum - Laura - Son - IPad - Day

The tantrum started when Laura sternly forbid her son from sitting on his iPad all day.

She recalled how he produced a real estate brochure in response, declaring: 'I'm going to move here, far, far away! I'm gonna run away!'

'He - Door - Eyes - Breath

'He was at the door and looked at me with sad little eyes, and I took a deep breath and reminded myself...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Mail Online
Wake Up To Breaking News!