How to Make Time When You Don’t Have It

Orange Leaders | 10/14/2019 | Tim Cress
baileyboobaileyboo (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://orangeblogs.org/orangeleaders/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/02/Making-Time-When-You-Dont-Have-it.jpg

Time. As leaders, it’s a precious resource. It seems to fly through our fingers, and before we know it, deadlines have passed and the hopes we have for our ministries must be compromised in order to be accomplished. We find ourselves in survival mode, doing ministry based on what need is most urgent.

But what if it didn’t have to be that way? What if we could manipulate our calendar in order to create more time for our ministries? Not only is this possible, but it’s a crucial step for you as a leader to increase the influence you have in the lives of kids and families. Here are some practical ways to make time.

Make - Leaders - Priority

Make developing leaders a top priority.

Valuing the growth of your leaders is more than simply delegating. While assigning tasks to more leaders certainly increases the impact of your ministry on the whole, nothing will contribute more over the long haul than intentionally developing leaders around you.

Questions - Leaders - Leaders - Ideas - Energy

Some great questions you might ask yourself are: Who are some potential leaders you’ve noticed? Are there any young leaders coming up with new ideas and energy that could use a mentor? How can your veteran leaders be inspired to keep growing, and in what areas? And, are you growing as a leader?

Your calendar should reflect a deep value in leadership development. When you take time to grow your leadership and the leadership of those around you, you begin exponentially creating more time for ministry.

Make - Time - Time

Make free time, me time.

You might be saying, “I don’t have free time, that’s why I’m reading this article.” Yet, most everyone has some time that is filled in less productive ways. Driving the car, waiting at the DMV, or simply getting ready for your day every morning can be great times of multitasking.

Look - Books - Audiobooks

Look for books, audiobooks, or...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Orange Leaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!