WHY MY GENERATION PROBABLY WON’T REACH THE NEXT GENERATION

CareyNieuwhof.com | 9/29/2016 | Staff
LordLord (Posted by) Level 4
Click For Photo: https://i2.wp.com/careynieuwhof.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/shutterstock_172218062.jpg?fit=1000,667&ssl=1

I am passionate about reaching and equipping the next generation.

But here’s a chilling thought that’s been growing in me over the last few years: what if my generation won’t be the one to do it?

At least not fully. At least not nearly as badly as we want to.

There are a number of reasons for this that I’ll share in this post, but here’s the sobering reminder that I think too many of us who are over 40 miss.

Way - Xers - Generation - Boomers - Generation

Way too often, I see Gen Xers (my generation) and Boomers talking about how to reach the next generation. That’s a wonderful thing. And it’s far better than older leaders not caring about the future.

The problem is this: Often when they talk about reaching the next generation, there’s not a single person under 40 with them on the platform or a single 20-something on their senior team shaping the conversation, strategies or solutions.

Problem - Church - Problem - Organizations - Leadership

This is a problem in the church and it’s a problem in most organizations. Older leadership excludes younger leaders and then wonders where all the younger people went or why they can’t seem to reach them. Founders or long-term senior leaders often age along with their teams, and then wonder why there’s no obvious successor waiting to take over or why everyone they’re reaching is older.

None of this helps organizations reach or influence the next generation.

Leadership - Generation - Generation

The older I get, the more I realize it’s going to take the leadership of the next generation to reach the next generation.

So what dynamics are at play?

Reasons - Generation - Generation - Things

Here are 3 reasons why my generation probably won’t reach the next generation, and 4 things you and I can do about it.

Here are three reasons why my generation (and most of us over 40) probably won’t reach the next generation:

Pattern - Twenties

Here’s the pattern. When you’re in your twenties and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CareyNieuwhof.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Warum denn nicht?
Tagged: