Our Families Need Global Perspective. Here’s How To Give It To Them.

Kristen Welch | 10/20/2019 | Kristen
boti (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: http://wearethatfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/unspecified-3-600x400.jpeg

When I ducked my head and entered the small mud-walled home, I had two thoughts:

1. I have too much.

Kids

2. My kids need to see this.

I watched as the young mom made charcoal bricks from dirt and manure and placed them in the sun to dry. Later she left her eight-year-old son to watch his one-year-old baby sister, so she could go and sell the roasted corn she’d made over the charcoal to passers-by walking home from work.

Missions - Attention - Girl - Missionaries - Stories

I’ve always loved missions. I sat in rapt attention as a little girl, listening to missionaries tell stories at the annual Missions Convention our church hosted. My favorite memory was dressing up in clothes from different countries and tasting foods like baklava and curry. I remember driving home one evening telling my parents I wanted to be a missionary. My mom looked worried. My dad, thrilled.

I didn’t understand my mom’s reaction until I had kids of my own, now I completely get it.

Teenager - Mission - Trips - Youth - Group

As a teenager, I took mission trips with my youth group and then later with my youth pastor husband. I sort of lost my missions heart in the quest of the American Dream, and found it again when I traveled to Kenya in 2010.

I want my kids to love missions because I truly believe every Christian is called to love the world and its people. I want them to know the names of the poor and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Kristen Welch
Wake Up To Breaking News!