'Star Trek: Short Treks' Review: Did Spock Just Laugh in 'Q&A'?

Space.com | 10/7/2019 | Scott Snowden
hubbog (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/KUA3DXHXMoYBqoCLSnPufc-1200-80.jpg

Indications are that spoilers lie ahead.

Aside from the recent "Star Trek" trailers that dropped at New York Comic Con, it’s been about seven months since our last “Trek” fix, when the somewhat disappointing Season 2 finale of "Star Trek Discovery" aired.

Star - Trek - Universe - Panel - Showrunner

However, as was announced at the "Star Trek Universe" panel by showrunner Alex Kurtzman, the first of six new "Short Treks" is now available to stream on CBS All Access. Entitled "Q&A," it's set on board the USS Enterprise just as Ensign Spock (Ethan Peck) arrives for the very first time.

Following a tweaked, snazzy-looking intro, we see Spock beaming from a very unusual looking transporter room to a much more familiar setting, the transporter room on the USS Enterprise.

Officer - Number - One - Rebecca - Romijn

We also see first officer Number One (Rebecca Romijn) looking over a PADD (Personal Access Display Device) with what appears to be her name on it… Lt. Cmdr. Una. She welcomes Spock onto the USS Enterprise and together they slowly walk through the corridors of the ship.

Related: Live Long and Prosper: Every Actor Who Played Spock on 'Star Trek'

Spock - Day - Enterprise - Number - One

It's Spock's first day on the Enterprise with Number One in the "Star Trek: Short Treks" episode "Q&A."

"You've been on this ship exactly 37 seconds and you haven't asked a single question. Not what I expect from a science officer," Number One says. "I expect you to barrage every crewman you meet with questions, starting with me, to the point that you become an annoyance. You have until we reach that turbolift, go," she says.

Name - Sir - Spock

"What is your name sir?" Spock asks.

"Just call me Number One," she replies.

Number - Ensign - Spock - Way - Turbolift

Number One and Ensign Spock get to know each other by way of being stuck in a turbolift.

Ever since the inclusion of the Capt. Pike-era Enterprise in "Discovery" and the subsequent return of...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Space.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Tagged: