This Genius Trick Will Change How You Fry Eggs

Food52 | 10/9/2019 | Kristen Miglore
townskey13townskey13 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://images.food52.com/HMQGISj20QFiPyrPwHKlVcLTXts=/fit-in/1200x1200/9e8e1273-06af-4f46-876f-bcac2ce2ee1f--2019-0405_caramelized-cream-eggs-genius-recipes_3x2_ty-mecham_001.jpg

Every week in Genius Recipes—often with your help!—Food52 Creative Director and lifelong Genius-hunter Kristen Miglore is unearthing recipes that will change the way you cook.

PHOTO BY TY MECHAM. FOOD STYLIST: ANNA BILLINGSKOG. PROP STYLIST: BROOKE DEONARINE.

Number - Times - Way - Seconds - Oil

I’ve promised a number of times to revolutionize the way you make eggs—soft-scrambling in 15 seconds, spiking your frying oil with smoky spices, pouring beaten eggs into boiling water and ending up with a fluffy omelet and not egg confetti.

But for the first time, I’m here to tell you about an egg recipe that’s changed both the way I think about cooking eggs and just about everything else, too. It’s changing how I grocery shop and the pans I reach for; it’s opening up secret rooms in the dusty mansion of my brain to meals that are ethereally, almost unknowably delicious. All with one simple, genius little idea.

Hyperbolic

So I hope you’ll excuse me if I wax a little hyperbolic here.

TOP COMMENT:

Heat - Water - Cream - Pan - Volume

“Despite the heat, the water in the cream kept the pan from burning, as the volume began to slowly reduce. I was patient--something I tend not to be--and when the steam started to slow down and the edges of the puddle to look a bit brown, I first slid the root veg onto the plate, and then topped them with the egg, the yolk now quite smooth and thick, not runny but not hard. It was lovely. I can't find a word lovely enough to say how lovely it was. And the texture of the egg was unusual as well, not fluffy, not bouncy, not easily describable. I'd say, creamy, but that would sound dumb. I now want to cook everything I eat in a cream-puddle. There you go, your next cookbook, Cream-Puddle Cooking.”

Because—instead of frying eggs in butter or oil or any other fat...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Food52
Wake Up To Breaking News!