God’s Desire for One-Percenters

ChurchLeaders | 10/18/2019 | Staff
ashb0101 (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://churchleaders-eszuskq0bptlfh8awbb.stackpathdns.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/10.18.HOME_.CC.OnePercenters.jpg

If you make or will one day make $30k or more, you are one of the one-percenters. Just as being tall presents some challenges, being wealthy presents challenges too. Yet many would love to be in the position of a one-percenter.

When I was in high school I so badly wanted to be tall. We had a couple guys on our high school basketball team that were 6’5” or taller, and I envied them. They could dunk easily. They were more imposing defensively than me. I asked God to make me taller and He did not. Someone told me to hang from the doorframe, to stretch myself out and that would somehow spark a growth spurt. It did not. Less than 1% of the population is 6’5” or taller. If you are 6’5” or taller you are in the top 1% of people for height. You are a one-percenter. Yes, I know that there are challenges with being tall. You never look comfortable on an airplane. Showers at hotels are a challenge. You struggle to get into some cars. But I still envy you and your 1% height like ways.

Height - % - Wealth - World - Globalrichlist

Being 6’5” makes you a one-percenter in height. What does it take to be in the top 1% of wealth in the world? On the website globalrichlist.com you can put your income into a calculator and see where rank. If you make $30,000 you are in the top 1.2% of income-earners in the world. While it takes you a year to earn $30k, it takes a worker in Ghana 187 years. If you earn $30k, it takes you approximately two minutes of work to pay for a can of soda, and it takes a worker in Ghana over seven hours of work to pay for a...
(Excerpt) Read more at: ChurchLeaders
Wake Up To Breaking News!