The United States and Turkey today announced an historic agreement putting an end to a week of hostilities in the border region of Syria:
Turkey is implementing an immediate ceasefire.
Governments - Minorities
The two governments committed to safeguard religious and ethnic minorities.
Both governments are increasing cooperation to help detain ISIS fighters.
Relations - United - States - NATO - Ally
Relations between the United States and long-standing NATO ally Turkey have been bolstered.
This agreement is the result of President Donald Trump’s forthright leadership over the past week and the successful negotiations in Ankara led by Vice President Mike Pence, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien, backed by a team of skilled and dedicated diplomats and military officers.
Turkey - Offensive - Hours - United - States
Turkey has agreed to pause its offensive for 120 hours to allow the United States to facilitate the withdrawal of YPG forces from the Turkish-controlled safe zone. Turkey has agreed to a permanent ceasefire upon completion of the YPG withdrawal. The U.S. has already begun to facilitate the YPG withdrawal from the safe zone area.
The Administration laud’s President Erdogan’s willingness to step forward, agree to a ceasefire, and take this opportunity for resolution. The two governments are committed to a peaceful safe zone in northeast Syria.
US - Turkey - Relationship - Members - NATO
1. The US and Turkey reaffirm their relationship as fellow members of NATO. The US understands Turkey’s legitimate security concerns on Turkey’s southern border.
2. Turkey and the US agree that the conditions on the ground, northeast Syria in particular, necessitate closer coordination on the basis of common interests.
Turkey - US - NATO - Territories - NATO
3. Turkey and the US remain committed to protecting NATO territories and NATO populations against all threats with the solid understanding of “one for all and all for one”.
4. The two countries reiterate their pledge to uphold human life, human rights, and the protection of religious and ethnic communities.
Turkey - US - D-ISIS/DAESH - Activities - Northeast
5. Turkey and the US are committed to D-ISIS/DAESH activities in northeast Syria....
Wake Up To Breaking News!