2019 Holiday Gift Guide for Book Lovers

CT Creative Studio | 10/17/2019 | Staff
TimHyuga (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://www-images.christianitytoday.com/images/92558.png?w=1200

Books are the ideal gift because they let you share a new idea or riveting story with other people, inviting them into the words and pages you can’t seem to forget.

Most of my favorite books have an inscription:

Merry - Christmas - Love - Mom - Dad

“Merry Christmas! Love, Mom and Dad 1997”

“This book made me think of you, I hope you love it as much as I did.”

Time

“Praying for you as you go through this hard time. We’re here with you.”

I don’t cherish these only for the beautiful words from the author and giver, but they remind me of people I love. My family and friends were thinking of me when they picked out that specific book. I can see how they were cheering me on or walking with me through a devastating loss.

Books - People - Life - Pages - Reads

If you’re looking for books for the special people in your life, we’ve made it easy for you. In the next few pages, you’ll find great reads for this holiday season–just be sure to add your own note!

In Light of the World: A Beginner’s Guide to Advent, author, professor, and biblical scholar Amy-Jill Levine shows how the Gospel narratives connect to the Old Testament; highlights the role of women in first-century Jewish culture; and emphasizes the importance of Mary’s visitation, the census, the stable, the star of Bethlehem, and the flight to Egypt.

John - Wesley - Sermon - Almost - Christian

In John Wesley’s famous sermon, “The Almost Christian,” he encouraged people to follow Christ wholeheartedly. In Almost Christmas: A Wesleyan Advent Experience, readers will explore how we can make the same commitment to Christ during Advent, and connect our Wesleyan heritage with the traditional Advent themes of love, hope, joy, and peace.

Thirty-one daily readings from Paul David Tripp equip us to do the one thing that matters most each December—celebrate the glory of the incarnation of God’s Son, Jesus Christ.

Hundred

In Hundred: What You...
(Excerpt) Read more at: CT Creative Studio
Wake Up To Breaking News!
Never argue with an idiot, the spectators may not be able to differentiate between you.