5 Qualities in Joseph’s Heart Every Leader Should Seek

Ron Edmondson | 2/22/2012 | Ron Edmondson
Click For Photo: http://ronedmondson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/IMG_1641.jpg

In this post I’d love to consider the heart of a leader.

Someone asked me recently what I primarily look for in the hiring of a staff position. I said, without reservation, first and foremost, I look for the heart. I want a heart which honors Christ more than self, one which desires to grow and learn, and one which is willing to sacrifice personal privilege for benevolent purpose of others.

Heart - Leader - Characteristic

The heart of a leader is more important than any other characteristic.

Consider, for example, the life of a Bible character by the name of Joseph. Joseph’s story runs from Genesis 37-50. It’s an amazing story of God’s sovereignty and grace. Joseph is a standard bearer for character in the Old Testament. Some say he’s in many ways an Old Testament example of Christ – not sinless, as Christ was, but certainly a God-fearing man.

Heart - Joseph - Kind - Heart - Leaders

I submit his heart we see in Joseph is representative of the kind of heart all leaders should seek to have.

Here are 5 qualities to seek in the heart of a leader:

Joseph - Dreamer - Problems - Others - Picture

Joseph was a dreamer. It caused him some problems, but he was able to see what others couldn’t see. He saw the big picture. Of course, this came from God, but I believe God has equipped all of us with the ability to dream. It may not be prophetic in nature, but we can seek...
(Excerpt) Read more at: Ron Edmondson
Wake Up To Breaking News!