Mark Ruffalo Was Worried About ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Ruining Hulk and Thor

/Film | 10/16/2019 | Ethan Anderton
EGFZE (Posted by) Level 3
Click For Photo: https://d13ezvd6yrslxm.cloudfront.net/wp/wp-content/images/thorragnarok-ruffalo-hemsworth-strongestavenger.jpg

Thor: Ragnarok is one of the best movies on Phase Three of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and that’s largely thanks to director Taika Waititi breathing new life into the comic book franchise and really pushing Thor in an exciting new direction. Chris Hemsworth was very much excited to give the God of Thunder a new path to follow, but not everyone on the cast was quite so confident in this more comedic approach. Mark Ruffalo was particularly worried about the trajectory of Hulk and Thor.

Appearing at ACE Comic-Con recently (via ComicBook.com), Chris Hemsworth discussed the trepidation that a couple of his co-stars had regarding the new direction Thor: Ragnarok was taking. The actor knew it was a departure from what came before in the two previous Thor movies, and that’s what excited him about it. Ruffalo, on the other hand, wasn’t so sure. Hemsworth recalled:

Mark - Ruffalo - Movie - Characters

“I remember Mark Ruffalo looking at me and saying, ‘Are we wrecking this movie? Are we destroying these characters?’”

Marvel newcomer Tessa Thompson also had her doubts as well. Hemsworth continued, “Tessa was like, ‘What am I a part of? What am I doing?’” This was her first Marvel movie, and it sounds like she wasn’t expecting it to turn out this way.

Movie - Middle - Work - Movie

It’s hard to know how a movie is going to turn out in the middle of making it. There’s so much work that needs to be done to shape the movie after...
(Excerpt) Read more at: /Film
Wake Up To Breaking News!
It takes a government, to create a genocide.