What Needs To Change & Why Now?

www.lifeingraceblog.com | 10/17/2019 | Edie Wadsworth
eymira (Posted by) Level 3
View this post on Instagram

This month is my five year anniversary of sharing Young Living and natural wellness. My health, my life, and my friendships have been totally transformed and I am so very grateful that I said yes, even when it felt scary and new. I’m in Nashville at a YL event #diamondbound with some of the most amazing people I have ever known—-people not afraid to challenge the status quo, freedom fighters who sacrifice their comfort, their reputation, their time, and their resources for truth, for healing, for a better way. The calling God has placed on your life will not be easy. It will likely mean you have to swim upstream. It will mean that people won’t understand. It will often cost you something. But it will also set you free. And then you can use that freedom to give your life away for the people who need you most. I never imagined that I would give up traditional medicine for magic plant juice, but that’s often how God works. He uses the seemingly insignificant things to teach us the deepest truths. Just soaking up the goodness today in my favorite boot scootin’ city. Love to you and thank you for all the love and encouragement you have given me through the years as I have tried to steward well the gifts and opportunities I have been given. And if you still think oils are a little crazy, no worries. I agree. They are the BEST KIND OF CRAZY🤠🤠😍😍🤩 To celebrate crazy callings and deep friendships and going against the grain, tag your favorite freedom fighter and I’ll send one lucky commenter a gorgeous diffuser necklace with my fave perfume blend🤩🤩🤩🤩 #wellnessmadesimple #yesyl #oilsmadesimple #theoilylife #yloils #essentialoillove #oilymomma #yllifestyle #oilyjourney #myoilylife #essentialoilsforthewin #younglivingoils #momspiration #ohheymamas #momlifebelike

A post shared by Dr. Edie Wadsworth|Lifeingrace (@ediewadsworth) on

MAMAS DON’T LET YOUR BABIES GROW UP TO BE COWBOYS🎤🎤🎼🎼🤠🤠🤠🤠 I think it’s too late for me but there’s no better song to have in your head when you’re rolling into Nashville on a Friday!! We found THE BEST video from 2015 which demonstrates Tom Tom’s love affair with his favorite horse Gunner. (Scroll for happiness!!) Also? He had a BABY MULLET🤩🤩🤠🤠🤠😭😭 Please use this as evidence that the world is still amazing!! Happy Friday!! And if you are headed to #diamondboundevent I would love to hug your neck❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #wellnessmadesimple #yesyl #oilsmadesimple #theoilylife #yloils #essentialoillove #oilymomma #yllifestyle #oilyjourney #myoilylife #essentialoilsforthewin #younglivingoils #momspiration #ohheymamas #momlifebelike

The word JOY comes from the Greek chara is closely related to charis, which means “grace” or “a gift.” ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ (My baby girl in the picture above? We named her Eleanor Grace for this very reason and boy has she been a gift!)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Joy is how we feel when we believe that all this is a gift. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ When we truly believe that this is rigged in our favor?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ When we see that everything in our lives—our past, our hurts, our families, our bodies, our circumstances—as a gift for our growth and transformation.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ But all too often we settle for false pleasure. A treat, a drink, new shoes, a gossip session—ANYTHING that will temporarily relieve from us the burden of being who we are.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ But I often ask myself, what am I missing out on when I choose the quick fix of false pleasure instead of deep abiding joy of my real life with all its messy beauty?⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ It will take some willingness to endure discomfort and some acceptance of pain to stay present in our real lives.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ But that's where joy lives.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ And that's where the best version of you lives.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Joy is worth it. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ And YOU ARE WORTH IT MAMA! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ P.S. Have you watched my latest IGTV? I'm chatting all about what is stealing your joy and why it matters!

One thing I lurv about my ginormous island is that is acts as a hub for my family to congregate. Especially around food and snacks. It's magical for entertaining! I also find myself working away here too. Can we just talk about the fact that I stroll around my house like a lost puppy sometimes deciding where to get my productivity on? My office, the screened in porch...my bed. BUT I seem to get a ton done when I work from the kitchen. I can cook meals between answering messages, having conference calls, and working on writing projects. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Who else works from home?! Where do you find to be the best spot to get things done? ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ p.s. Open shelving gives me LIFE.

The world is charged with the grandeur of God. It will flame out, like shining from shook foil; It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod? Generations have trod, have trod, have trod; And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil; And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod. And for all this, nature is never spent; There lives the dearest freshness deep down things; And though the last lights off the black West went Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs — Because the Holy Ghost over the bent World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings. (Gerard Manley Hopkins) I try pretty hard to get the bulk of my work done in 3 days. I like to leave plenty of time for reading and workouts and kids and porch time. I don't always make it happen but it's my goal. I have a weekend strategy that you might find helpful. It comes from years of trial and error where I needed a vacation from my post holiday/over-stressed blues. My secret sauce... I give myself the gift of a good book and some poetry and some much needed perspective. When we rebuilt our home years ago the outdoor fireplace was something I looked forward to. It's been a place I've read many books and sat in reflection since in the chill autumn air. (which promises to be here this weekend!) I try to remember the magic that every single day holds if I care enough to stop and notice. The world IS charged with the grandeur of God. And morning comes again. I LOVE this time of year. I love setting big goals and I love taking big rest. Are you working toward holidays that really reflect your hope for your life and your family? P.S. THANK YOU for all your kind words since Tom Tom broke his arm! So many of you have sent him (and me!!!) beautiful messages of encouragement. You are seriously some of the best humans. Love you BIG time!

It's OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ So, let's make something fall and cozy and easy.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Y'all, these are absolutely the most delicious meatballs EVER! Your honey and your family will sing your praises after this dinner, I promise. I'm excited to cook more cozy meals this fall and as the weather cools down.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I adapted this recipe from Diet Doctor, a membership site for low carb recipes. This is keto-friendly, but could easily be adapted for you and your family - just serve it over pasta or rice or on Italian bread. YUMMM. Link to recipe is in my IG stories!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ P.S. I'm starting to share some of my favorite recipes as recipe cards in my IG stories! You can screenshot them and keep them handy on your phone for easy meals. ❤️❤️

Happy International Podcast Day!!!! I'm beyond blessed and excited to have you each in my community. Ya'll are a source of MUCHO inspiration and love for everything I create. It's an honor to serve so many of you via my different platforms. But in this season, my podcast is giving me life!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ To celebrate this #PodcastDay I want to do a fun giveaway! I'll be gifting two signed copies of "All the Pretty Things" to two different winners!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ All you need to do to enter is leave a review for "Your Best Beautiful Life" this week and we will pick the winners! And tag a friend so they can have a chance at winning, as well. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Also? Check out stories later for some of my fave Podcast episodes!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ LOVE YOU ALLLLL!!!

Double tap if you are loving ALL the fall cooking and baking! These right here are my famous pumpkin einkorn muffins and they never do us wrong. I make a batch of 2 dozen so there plenty for us and plenty to share during weekends of watching football.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Einkorn flour is an ancient grain without all the gluten sensitivity problems that most modern grains have. And because I know I'll get DMs asking, we use the Young Living brand of einkorn. I actually have a wheat grinder and GRIND MY OWN EINKORN BERRIES, because Hi, My name is Ma Ingles.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I've been using it regularly for more than a couple years and lemme tell you it seriously helps you stay...uhhuuummm...regular.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ YOU NEED THESE IN YOUR LIFE.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ That is all. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Happy baking friends!!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Recipe in stories!!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ What's YOUR fave fall baking treat?!??!

"Are you a born writer? Were you put on earth to be a painter, a scientist, an apostle of peace? In the end, the question can only be answered by action.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Do it or don’t do it.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ It may help to think of this way. If you were meant to cure cancer or write a symphony or crack cold fusion and you don’t do it, you not only hurt yourself. You hurt your children. You hurt me. You hurt the planet.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ You shame the angels who watch over you and you spite the Almighty, who created you and only you with your unique gifts, for the sole purpose of nudging the human race one millimeter farther along its path back to God.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Creative work is not a selfish act or a bid for attention on the part of the actor. It’s a gift to the world and every being in it. Don’t cheat of your contribution. Give us what you’ve got." ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ - "The War of Art" by Steven Pressfield⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I LOVE THAT QUOTE. I LOVE THAT BOOK.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ What were you put here to do and what has gotten in the way of you doing it? I’d love to know and I’d love to encourage you to take the smallest steps toward starting dear friends!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I'll also be live at noon on IG to answer LIFE's questions big and small. Got any q's for me about ANYTHING??!?!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Drop them below!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ P.S. A few of my hydrangeas are STILL BLOOMING.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Life is amazing. xoxo

The highest and most noble part of you knows it.

When somebody mentions it, you FEEL it—the gnawing, the conviction, the aspiration, the belief that you can change it.

Part - Brain - Way

But then the survival part of you brain says, “You’ve always been this way, you’ll never change, you can’t do it.“

And then you give up before you ever start. Or maybe it’s just me.

Change - Areas - Life

But I know change is possible. I’ve done it in many areas of my life. And so have you.

Here’s why I think it’s worth it to keep asking more of ourselves.

Pounds - Book

It’s not so we can finally weigh 140 pounds or make 100K or write that book.

Because THERE is never better than here, if we don’t continue to change and grow and challenge ourselves.

Point - Person - Way

The point is the person we become along the way.

The person who’s had enough challenge and adversity to be strong and humble. The person who has put herself out there enough to work through her people pleasing and fear of rejection. The woman who has denied her flesh enough to know how strong its appetites are. The man who faces his resentments and...
(Excerpt) Read more at: www.lifeingraceblog.com
Wake Up To Breaking News!
A slice out of infinity
Tagged: